Meet info for Saturday and MEET DEADLINE tomorrow
Hello Pool Shark families,
I am sending this out a day early since I am leaving town this morning for the weekend. Trina VandeBerg will be acting as President in my absence for the rest of the week and at our home meet on Saturday. If you need anything after noon today, please contact either Trina email@example.com or our head coach Sydney Rall firstname.lastname@example.org.
**We do not have a meet the Saturday of 4th of July weekend 7/2/22. We will be swimming that meet next week on Wednesday night 6/29/22 AT the BARABOO OUTDOOR POOL. The meet will start at 6pm. Our team warm-ups will be from 5:30-5:50pm that night.
The registration deadline for the Wednesday night Meet AT Baraboo (6/29/22) starting at 6pm is TOMORROW NIGHT (6/24/22) at 11:30 pm. We are asking that you login to declare whether or not you're going to the meet if you have not done so already.
We do not need volunteers for the Wednesday night meet in Baraboo.
Saturday we will be hosting Mazomanie at our Outdoor Pool! If this is your first swim meet, please see the "Swim Meet 101" section under the "Resources" tab on our website, or click the link below to know what to expect and how to prepare.
- Please arrive at 6:45 am. Our warm-ups will be from 7:10-7:30 am. Mazomanie will have the pool from 7:30-7:50. The meet will start at 8:00 am.
- If you want to see what your swimmer is swimming in the meet, go to the "Meets and Events" tab on our website and click on the gray meet entry box (that is marked closed). You will be able to see your swimmer(s) and what they are scheduled to swim tomorrow with the event number. Also, if you have not uploaded the free Swimtopia App, it is very helpful in signing your swimmer up for meets and seeing what they are swimming.
- Thank you to everyone who signed up to volunteer! We are still looking for an announcer! Please contact Trina VandeBerg if you are interested. She will help train and support you during the meet! We are also still looking for help at clerk of course, and a meet runnner (someone who collects the cards from the timers). If you are able to help, please sign up and/or check in with Trina on Saturday morning. Timer meeting is at 7:45 am in front of the lifeguard office.
- The forecast for Saturday is looking a little questionable right now...Please check your email first thing Saturday morning. Trina will email out the latest updates should we need to cancel that morning. Please come prepared with warm clothes, blankets and extra towels. Also bring plenty of water and sunscreen for when the sun comes out. If you have a pop up or shade tent, we highly recommend bringing it to sit under.
- All volunteers will need to check in with Trina VandeBerg once you arrive and get set up. (Usually while the swimmers are warming up) She will be located in front of the lifeguard office. You will then be told where to go and be trained for your job if needed. This is how you get credit for your volunteering, so please be sure to get checked in first thing in the morning.
- The theme for Saturday's meet is Super Heros! Come dressed in your favorite Super Hero costume and/or attire to show some team spirit during the meet! (swimsuit underneath of course!)
- We are bringing back FRUIT to the concession stand!! At each home meet half of the team is asked to bring cut up fresh fruit in a container/ziplock bag to the concession stand upon arrival to be mixed and served as fruit cups. This meet will be the front half of the alphabet again, so if your last name starts with A-K, please bring fruit this meet! :)
- Heat sheets will be for sale at the concession stand, as well as breakfast burritos, brats, burgers, and other concession items. The concession stand is cash only.
- Clerk of course and flow of traffic. Swimmers will report to the gate by the concession stand to report for their events. Once they complete their races, they are to exit out the bathhouse through the locker rooms.
- Spectators will be allowed to sit in the bleacher area, and outside the fence, but are NOT allowed on deck.
- Once your child is done swimming all the events they are signed up for, you may leave. If you are not sure, please ask a coach to be sure they are done swimming before you leave.
We are crossing our fingers for good weather Saturday morning, but will update you if things change.
Have a great meet and weekend!
Julie Goodman and The Sauk Prairie Pool Sharks board