Information for tomorrow's meet
Greetings Pool Sharks,
Tomorrow evening is our makeup meet against Mazomanie at our Outdoor Pool! If this is your first swim meet, please see the "Swim Meet 101" section under the "Resources" tab on our website, or click the link below to know what to expect and how to prepare.
- Please arrive at 4:45 pm. Our warm-ups will be from 5:10-5:30 pm. Mazo will have the pool from 5:30-5:50. The meet will start at 6:00 pm.
- If you want to see what your swimmer is swimming in the meet, go to the "Meets and Events" tab on our website and click on the gray meet entry box (that is marked closed). You will be able to see your swimmer(s) and what they are scheduled to swim tomorrow with the event number. Also, if you have not uploaded the free Swimtopia App, it is very helpful in signing your swimmer up for meets and seeing what they are swimming.
- Thank you to everyone who signed up to volunteer! We are still need help at clerk of course if you have not signed up yet. The Timer meeting is at 5:45 pm in front of the lifeguard office.
- It looks like it is going to be a beautiful evening for a swim meet. Please come prepared with warm clothes, blankets and extra towels for when the sun goes down.
- All volunteers will need to check in with me (Julie Goodman) once you arrive and get set up. (Usually while the swimmers are warming up) I will be located in front of the lifeguard office. You will then be told where to go and be trained for your job if needed. This is how you get credit for your volunteering, so please be sure to get checked in when you arrive.
- Saturday's theme for the meet is Neon! Come dressed in your favorite Neon attire to show some team spirit during the meet! (swimsuit underneath of course!)
- We are bringing back FRUIT to the concession stand!! At each home meet half of the team is asked to bring cut up fresh fruit in a container/ziplock bag to the concession stand upon arrival to be mixed and served as fruit cups. This meet will be the back half of the alphabet, so if your last name starts with L-Z, please bring cut up fruit this meet! :)
- Our concession stand will be ready to rock with dinner items available! Walking tacos, burgers, brats and rootbeer floats will be for sale, along with heat sheets and other concession items. The concession stand is cash only.
- Clerk of course and flow of traffic. Swimmers will report to the gate by the concession stand to report for their events. Once they complete their races, they are to exit out the bathhouse through the locker rooms.
- Spectators will be allowed to sit in the bleacher area, and outside the fence, but are NOT allowed on deck.
- Since this is our last home meet, we will be recognizing the senior swimmers from our team and Mazomanie at the beginning of the meet.
- Food drive totes will be placed inside the bathhouse by the main entrance if you have items you would like to donate.
- If you have not picked up your pictures, they can be picked up in your family folder at 5:30 practice tonight, or come see me during the meet and I will grab them for you.
- We are still collecting Swim-a-thon donations! Donations can be placed in the Swim-a-thon folder in the Pool Shark mailbox at practice or can be handed to me during the meet tomorrow as well.
- Once your child is done swimming all the events they are signed up for, you may leave. If you are not sure, please ask a coach to be sure they are done swimming before you leave.
We have 110 swimmers participating in tomorrow's meet! That is the most we have had all summer! What a great way to end our last home meet!
See you tomorrow night!
The Sauk Prairie Pool Shark Board