CONFERENCE MEET INFO
Hello Pool Shark families,
I am sending out the meet information early. There is a lot of information here. If you have any questions, please reach out to myself, our meet directors, Todd and Julie Wuerger, our coaches or any members of our board or Tri-County Conference committee members.
If you ordered conference apparel, it is IN! I will have it at practices the rest of the week, as well as volunteer shirts.
Detailed Meet procedures and Conference meet information can be found on our Conference website. Tri-County Conference 2023 Barnyard Splash
I have highlighted some key items below:
The Tri-County Conference Championship will be swam at our indoor pool at Sauk Prairie High School.
- Please arrive at 6:45am and check in with your coaches! Our warm-ups will be from 7:20-7:40 am both mornings. We have lanes 5-8 and will be splitting the pool with Mazomanie. There will be a meet break each day between the IM and breaststroke events. There will be two 20 minute warm up sessions during the meet break. We are in warm up session 1 and are in lanes 3 and 4. Listen carefully and pay attention to coaches and announcers for the afternoon warm up session.
- If there have been lineup changes after last Saturday, they may not show up on the website and app. The heat sheets at the meet will be accurate unless changes occur Saturday or Sunday morning. If a coach has told you about a change, that is what your swimmer is swimming. If you are not sure, please check with a coach.
- Heat Sheets and Admissions - There will be a $5.00 charge each day for each adult entering the facility. Kids and swimmers are free. Programs and heat sheets will be available each day for $5.00 at the Admissions Table. On Sunday, Finals heat sheets can be purchased for $3.00 if you show your Saturday program. Cash ONLY.
- Thank you to everyone who signed up to volunteer! You should have received an email from me today with volunteer details. Please plan to check in for your shift 30 minutes ahead of time.
- Everything will be OUTSIDE except swimming in the pool. The stadium/activities parking lot will be completely blocked off for the weekend. Each team will have their own team tent located in the stadium parking lot. Families are welcome to bring their own pop ups to put by the team tent, or are free to use the green space between the parking lot and Sycamore St. The tents are going to be set up on blacktop, so plan to bring plenty of chairs and blankets or rugs to sit on. If you choose to leave personal items in the parking lot overnight, you do so at your own risk.
- There will be a DJ playing music and making calls in the center of the team tents. Please do not set up personal tents in the middle of the team tents. It is your responsibility to listen for the calls and get your swimmer to their races on time.
- Concessions and vendors will be located along the main walkway to the Aquatics Entrance. There will be tents and picnic tables set up in the parking lot to eat. We are asking that ALL FOOD stays in the designated areas and not in the pool or mezzanine. Concessions will be taking CASH ONLY. Concessions open at 7:30 each day.
- There will be a few food trucks set up in the parking lot by the stadium each day.
- Clerk of Course will be located outside by the corner of the warm water pool and parking lot. All swimmers will be staged by the brown double doors, then taken through the warm water pool to clerk, then into the competition pool to race.
- Spectators will NOT be allowed on the deck. Spectators MUST sit in the mezzanine bleachers.
- 8 and under 25 yard race events results - There are no touchpads on the non-block end of the pool for the 8 and under 25 yard events. There will be 3 timers at the end of each lane. The scoreboard will NOT run for these events. The middle time between the 3 timers will be taken as the official time and official picks. Official results will be posted as soon as we are able to post them. All other races that end on the block side of the pool will use the touchpads, timers, plunge and official picks for finishes. Most of the time, what is on the board will be correct for finishes, but in the event something malfunctions, backup policies will be used, and official results will be posted.
- Meet mobile will be running and available for the meet. Just a friendly reminder that meet mobile results are NOT official. The only results that are OFFICIAL are posted results. All results will be posted on a dry erase board located just outside of the main Aquatic Facility entrance.
- Our indoor pool is a 25 yard pool. Most of the outdoor pools we swam in all summer were 25 meter pools. (including our outdoor pool) A yard pool is shorter than a meter pool, which means your swimmer's times should be much faster in the indoor pool this weekend. All swimmer times have been converted to yard times in the heat sheets.
- Remember Saturday is INDIVIDUAL events ONLY!! Sunday is a full meet with relays and top 16 individual finals. All races swam on Sunday score points for our team! If your swimmer is ONLY swimming relays, they do not need to come on Saturday, but are welcome to come and watch. They will need to come on Sunday for relays.
- There will be a different theme each day! Saturday's team theme is DISNEY and Sunday's all conference theme is BARNYARD/FARM attire and costumes! Come dressed in your favorite Disney and Barnyard costumes/attire to show some team and Tri-County conference spirit this weekend! (swimsuit underneath of course!)
- Live streaming of the 2023 Tri-County Conference Meet is available at https://www.youtube.com/@2023Tri-CountySwimConference/featured. The website address and QR code will be posted at Admissions. By participating in the meet, swimmers agree to be filmed.
- First Aid will be located on deck under the mezzanine.
- Once your child is done swimming all the events they are signed up for, you may leave. If you are not sure, please ask a coach to be sure they are done swimming before you leave.
- There will be an awards ceremony on Sunday at the completion of the meet where team and age group awards will be recognized. It will be held in the Barnyard (team tent area) and our DJ will be providing musical entertainment as we wait for final results. We encourage everyone to stick around if they are able to for this culminating event.
Thank you for making it to the end of a very long email and for an amazing season so far! We can't wait to see what our Pool Sharks can do this weekend!
Please let us know if you have any questions. GO POOL SHARKS!!
The Sauk Prairie Pool Sharks Board